Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Kinky Boots


Had a great night last night, walked around the West end (for those of you who don't know according to Operation World the west end of San An has more bars, pubs and clubs per square mile than anywhere else on the whole of the european continent)

Two things struck me, the first was that I spent the morning chatting very relationally to a group of friends loads of fun and hyper relational, then the afternoon spent with some more friends this time a little deeper, sharing of my faith etc.. and then in the evening a walk about looking like a vicar! I just think we have to be willing to take a walk into all spheres of life. I know we all have people we like to hang out with the most, they tend to be a bit like us. I am thinking we need to be willing to cross cultural barriers and chill with whoever. Okay tell me something I didn't know.

Second thing, I had a good childhood but we were poor, so the whole clothes thing was always an issue I remember wearing a duffle coat to senior school and just having the mickey taken out of me! So when I got my first job I bought clothes, I am not a fashion victim, but I do worry about how I look. I know this sounds shallow but it was one of the things I worried about most wearing the collar. Looking stupid. Anyhow I am over it.

I was walking down the street where I live and my neighbour three doors up was standing in the garden in t-shirt and jeans on his mobile phone, wearing thigh high PVC 12 inch platform boots similar to the ones in the picture. Very fetching on a rather skinny man! At this point I thought don't worry about how you look this is Ibiza

No comments: