Tuesday, October 31, 2006

N.Ireland

I'm back from 5 days in Northern Ireland. I had a fantastic time, even though I only saw the sun once for 20 minutes, hanging out with old freinds and making new ones. It was great to hang out with Aidy Eagleston we just talked which was great, I'm going to bounce some of the conversation around here on my blog...

Then I spent the rest of the weekend at Autumn Soul, it was really good, at first I was a little nervous about how I would communicate to such a large group, many of who were under 16, but I felt I hit a rhythm and that my communication was good. Gillian Best and team did a fantastic job, Lyn on worship and Ruth and Hannah getting ready to launch a year of prayer for the methodist church in Ireland were all fantastic. Anita and Vinty who looked after me so well, I will now have to diet. I got to hang out with David the head of the Irish methodist youth which was also cool.

I think for me one of the highlights was the prayer team and how they covered the whole event in prayer and just kept going they were relentless. Fantastic.

I then had some time wiith Stevie Smyth and family and spoke at Northdown CFC which was also cool, I like them because they all seem to like Guiness. Theres one more reason to diet.

N.Ireland always feels special for me, I feel warmth, love and acceptance every time I go there.

I also think they are the most generous people in the world. I am glad to be home, no more travel till next year, so this is going to be the season of the blog!!!

I've got loads to talk about, wondering if I should move to typepad?

Aidy encouraged me to write more about this journey and what I am discovering. I will.

7 comments:

alamedero said...

Nooooo! Don't move to typepad. It's a rip off. I could set you up something on the 24-7ibiza.com domain. please please please don't go to typepad and become an incorrigible emerging church geek.

Anonymous said...

he already is an incorrigble church geek

dave wiggins said...

we're not brazil we're northern ireland ... as the wee song goes. sounds likeyou had a great time. the wesley followers are a good bunch.

roast honey said...

Hey Brian just wanted to say we enjoyed praying for you! Loved ur speaking about light, so many kids (girls in particular) just asked for us to pray for their confidence- self image is definetly something the devil enjoys attacking in girls. Loved ur words. that's the 3rd time I've caught u speaking in northern ireland. Just gets better every time. If i wasn't a teacher I'd love to come work with u in ibiza.

dave wiggins said...

i'm sure there's schools in Ibiza?

Anonymous said...

hey brian absolutly loved Autumn soul wish i was there now! i think the job that u do in ibiza is amazin i would love to do it! will be prayin 4 ya have a good year! Godbless love from jenni ,Newtownards NI xoxo

Anonymous said...

hey Brian- loved hearing ya @ Autumn Soul, it was great 2 here about what you guys do in Ibiza,it's amazing Sarah oxo