Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Electricity

Sorry for the lack of blogging, I was away at Summer Madness for a few days which was really great. Then I arrived back 1 hour before our 3rd team of the summer, these guys are from the South of Ireland. So far this year we have had no one on a team who has been English!

Yesterday we realised we had forgot to pay our electricity bill so they cut us off for 24 hours which further delayed my blogging, the electricity has just come on again. We have all just had the most uncomfortable nights sleep and we all got very sweaty.

It was pretty mental out on the street last night, very busy and very messy. We witnessed one guy get a beating from some bouncers, took a number of girls home who had had to much absinthe! Briefly waited for an ambulance with a girl who had fallen and cut herself. We also sat with a guy who had fallen asleep and been robbed, it took us about 1 hour to wake him and helen eventually found his friends so he went home kind of happy. Alongside that we had loads of conversations, gave away a bible, talked with some new workers and prayed around town. The new team did great.

If you have emailed me or left a comment since Thursday sorry I haven't replied, I will do it today. I have over 100 emails to reply to!!!!

Anyway I am going to boil the kettle now and make a nice cup of earl grey, I like electricity.

No comments: