Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Are you tired? Worn out?





I read this last night and found it very life giving:

The words of Jesus from Matthew 11

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

and the same passage in The Message version of the bible

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

4 comments:

Diane said...

I always find the Message version with "burned out on religion ......Get away with me and you'll recover your life" very apt and one to remember.
Thanks for bringing me back to knowing with Him I can get the proper rest I need.

Anonymous said...

Never gets old. Those words always bring me hope. Thanks mate. xc

anaka said...

"Learn the unforced rhythms of grace" - q bonito :]

louise said...

Hey Brian, thanks for your comment the other day, it was very nice to be welcomed back lol. Will you change the link you have for my blog? It's a completely different one now! I hope all is well with you and yours, miss ya :-)