Friday, April 30, 2010

Message in a bottle



We popped these bottles up in our chapel yesterday for people to put private prayers in.



If you're going to have things like these hanging in your prayer room you need to put an explanation up this is our one:

MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE
Prayers for God alone to hear
“Just a castaway, an island lost at sea 
Another lonely day, with no one here but me 
More loneliness than any man could bear 
Rescue me before I fall into despair”
Sting 



Write a prayer or a letter to God.
Tell Him your secrets, your longings, your hopes, your dreams, your fears – anything you like really.
Roll it up and put it in a bottle for no one else to read

“You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle
You have recorded each one in your book’

Psalm 56 : 8




Original idea, Becky Edmonds stole from Kansas City Boiler Room, blue bottles sourced by Bruce from Davids Pizzeria he drank all the water and was running to the toilet for days.


2 comments:

Mark G said...

Brilliant.

Tanya Heasley said...

It looks great! I love blue bottles, we have three on our bathroom window sill.

I think I might encourage everyone in the house to write a prayer or letter to God and put it in those bottles.