Friday, July 16, 2010

On Call


Been a good week, although extremely hot and draining.

I am on call tonight, this is my least favourite part of what we do. I think it's because you try to get asleep and then the phone rings you go from sleep to madness in about 20 minutes.

Basically it involves something like this, phone rings I answer "hello 24-7 Ibiza" they tell me the problem and I say "we'll be there in about 20 minutes" normally I add "if they get better or get other help can you call me back" this doesn't happen much but we do turn up and the drunk or drugged person is gone. On another level I don't mind that they have gone because the biggest witness is then to the worker who calls us. It says if you call we will come!!!

I have found the best way to get asleep on a night when you are on call is to say in your head "I won't get a call" If you go to bad thinking the phone could ring any minute you never actually get to sleep.

My prediction is for a 4 o'clock call tonight, I hope thats what happens.

No comments: