Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bunny Girls


Heres an interesting one.

I'm going out in the collar tonight to reconnect with reality. I must be addicted to looking strange. However was in the west end last night and saw 20 girls dressed as playboy bunny girls!!!!!

How do I deal with the fact they were all quite pretty? Is it wierd that I should find girls dressed in play boy bunny gear attractive? Have I been conditioned by my culture am I a sinner (well yes) or should I just steer clear?

How do you live in a place like this without getting caught up in staring at beautiful women, without becoming a wierd pervy type. Don't get me wrong I love my wife and am not thinking about dodging of with a bunny girl! I just don't want to become so de-sensitised to the images that I take them for granted or to in to the flesh on show.

We went to a little bay yesterday with some visitors and there was a guy lying on a rock totally naked, I didn't have the same struggles, which i know is good!!!! There were parts of him that looked a little burnt.

Naked Ibiza, that would be a good book.

We have to be in this culture, it is difficult at times, not just for me but for my boys, got to be wise.

The eyes are the gateway to the heart, but i can't walk around with them shut.


By the way I am going to drop the open source sermon thing, mainly because although I like it as a concept the idea of sermons appeal and don't appeal to me if you know what I mean. What do you learn? Someone once said the last thing we need is another 52 life changing sermons, I agree with that. However we still live in the place of talks, discussion and dialogue so there is something in it but not sure the best way forward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian..

I just wanted to say I am grateful for your entries. I pray for you and the crew in Ibiza and someday I hope to come join you for a few days.

Please keep writing and sharing your life and heart.

Globegirl said...

i have immense respect for parents who are raising their children in the ministry. my prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

You know what a wise guy once told me about this subject comes to mind....to look at a pretty girl walking on the side of the road is fine he said, but its when you look in the rear view window that you have a problem :) I think he was trying to say don't let your eyes linger, thats when your mind starts wandering and thoughts come in that you don't want there....so admiring the view is fine just try not to go back for seconds!! :)