Saturday, March 10, 2007

Push through


There have been choices we have made here on the island that have seemed hard, but this week has been one of the most fulfilling weeks I have had here in Ibiza because of those choices.

I was woken in the night a few weeks ago, normally this is just to do a wee, but I couldn't get back to sleep. So I did a piece of work which has now proved to be exceedingly helpful. At the time I was a little unclear if it would work but it has and I am very happy.

Sorry I can't be clearer with you, other than to say, stick at it, sometimes when we feel we are close to giving up is when we are closest to breakthrough.

I remember reading about one of the Naval bombardments in the second world war. The British were using a lot of their warships to bombard a particular port, the enemy obviously kept firing back. It was a ferocious battle fought hard by both sides. The shelling was fierce. Eventually after a sustained period of battle the British retreated for fear of loss and further damage to their men and their ships. The port stood it's ground and the enemy won.

At the end of the war when the records of the enemies position during that bombardment where found, they showed that they had only two shells left to fire at the British, and just before they fired their final shells the Brits retreated. There is a lesson here....

These are the sermons we hear a lot in church: "Don't give up". "Push through." they are true.

To him who overcomes......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are good words, thank you Brian.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian, any word on that book of prayers?

I'm looking forward to it.

Mimosa said...

Thanks for the encouraging words..What an amazing example.