Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Been doing a lot of driving about over the last couple of days, getting the permanent team workers passes so that we can get in to many of the clubs on the island for free. The way it works is that you agree to display their posters and they sort you out with passes, which is nice and easy but just means I have had to dodge around to all the different clubs on the island.
Whilst I have been in my car listening a cheesy spanish radio station, I have heard a whole list of songs from the 80’s and 90’s that no one should admit to liking, here is my alternative top ten songs that I love but wouldn’t admit to publicly, until now!!!
1. Love is a battlefield. Pat Benatar
2. Something inside so strong. Labi sifre
3. Forever in blue jeans. Neil diamond
4. Love and affection. Joan Armatrading
5. Whenever His light. Cliff Richard and Van Morrison
6. We didn’t start the fire. Billy Joel
7. Two out of three ain’t bad. Meatloaf
8. Saturday night at the movies. The drifters
9. It’ll be easier in the morning. Hothouse Flowers
10. Purple Rain. Prince
I really love classical music as well:
1. Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture, also the Sleeping Beauty waltz
2. Wagners Ride of the Valkryes
3. Griegs Peer Gynt Suite, specifically In the hall of the Mountain king
4. Bachs toccata
5. Beethoven’s Violin concerto
6. Verdis: La Traviatta, wonderful opera saw it in the national opera house in Prague with tracy on our 10th wedding Anniversary
7. Mozart: Piano Concerto No21
8. Bizet: Carmen March of the Toreadors
9. Rachmaninov: Rhapsody On a theme of Paganini
10. Beethovens symphony Number 9
You would probably recognise most of them if you heard them.
Oh I also bought a domain name, i thought brianheasley.blogspot.com was to long so I now have www.brian.es which will redirect you to this site, you don't need to change any links, but I just love the short web name.
at 4:50 PM