Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Off with my hair

Today I will shave my hair off, I feel like I am wearing a hat all the time.

I have had enough of styling it in the mornings, or having to check it is okay during the day. Or the fact that it changes every day and that if you sleep on it wrong you end up with flat patches that no matter what you do you can't get rid off.

I hate putting product on my hair, it's wrong, waxy crap that just makes it feel greasier than a chip pan. If I don't put the wax on I look like a grey cotton bud.

Wind is also bad for hair, If I drive along with the car window open I end up with a small ski slope look on the right side of my head.

As you can tell, it's getting to me, I don't want to be vain but I have found myself looking in the mirror more than I ever did without hair.

Being grey doesn't bother me, but it does make me look old and everytime I look in the mirror I am reminded of the march of time. I would rather shave it off and delude myself that I am still in my early 30's.

Some people have said longer hair makes me look softer, well I am soft but it's got nothing to do with my hair.

Also as the temperature increase around here, hair = heat.

So today it goes, I will post a photo later.

My hair does not define me.

4 comments:

sam mooney said...

i'm glad you've finally come to your senses... hope you're well

john heasley said...

I am going to keep going the other way, bored with normal hair, I want it long again

dave wiggins said...

if you keep your trousers on while you're driving, your hair wont look so windswept

Anonymous said...

Good decision Brian! :-)
Nina