Monday, March 30, 2009

Prayer for life


Matthew 5: 14 – 16 You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

I honestly believe prayer will assist you in how you are viewed in life.

I heard this once and really like it "You are your neighbours bible!"

Prayer may not make you eloquent in your natural human self but it will on another level make you very eloquent. Prayer will start to produce in you the ability to speak fluently from the heart. To live from the heart. This will shine before men. People somehow know if you have been with God, prayer will give you a realness in life. Although I have met the occasional prayer warrior who is so disconnected from reality they may as well move on to heaven!.

I am increasingly convinced that living as a person who spends a lot of time at the foot of the cross will do me more good than ever mastering the ability of great speech! This is a challenge to me.

I will struggle to live as a Christian and shine in life if I don’t have a place for regular prayer in my life. Man, it's so easy to slip but the more prayerful I am the less I slip.

Spurgeon said this “How dare we pray in the battle if we have never cried to the lord while buckling on the harness”

God does help us in the battle maybe Spurgeon was being a little extreme but when we are out there trying to shine before men, we shouldn’t just pray when it gets hard or when the battle comes but prior to that, in the private place.

Prayer is for life, not just the hard times.

If we are going to be true messengers of grace to others we have to see the God of grace for ourselves. I can't express God grace here in Ibiza if I haven't spent time understanding and comprehending his grace in prayer.

This will take quantity as well as quality time. Sometimes prayer is boring, but we just have to put in the quantity then we get some quality.

No comments: