Friday, May 29, 2009
Help my steering has gone!!!
My Audi A4 used to look like this way back in 1996 when it was made!!! Now my little baby has done over 200,000 miles, the paint is faded, the aircon has become irreparable after numerous re gasses!! and this week Tracy was taking the boys to school when the steering went!! So we are without a car!! and it will take the garage here a week to even tell us the damage and the cost for repairs. By the way Tracy and the boys were fine, it just ground to a halt on a safe bit of road at the bottom of our track....
Like an old pet I think it is time to get rid of my car before it becomes a money pit. We do over 250 miles a week in it which includes school runs, shopping, going to into the westend, football training, bringing people up to the farm all of that, it's generally a great family car. But it has to go, I didn't ever imagine you could be sentimental about a car but I am about this one as it is the car we drove to Ibiza with and now it's going to die of old age on the island. Maybe thats prophetic!
The main reason, other than age and mileage, for getting rid of it is that it can't handle our farm track anymore, we need something more robust.
Having done some research, this is what we are looking for it's a Land Rover Freelander TD4 ES on the 2001/2002 plate with manual transmission and diesel engine. The reason for 2001/2002 is that it had a new more robust engine put in that year by BMW. I'm being quite specific although if someone sees one with a better spec at a good price I would be happy to give it a look. I really don't want to go more than £4000.
The main reason I want to buy in the UK is that the same spec car here in Ibiza would be about 11,000 euros, which is roughly £10,000!!! it makes sense financially to get it in the UK.
You can help me by reading below
1. If you're the praying type a little prayer in the right direction would be a great help, this has become a very pressing need.
2. If your the giving type and feel you want to help us as a family in this way, please hit the donate button or contact me direct, especially if you are in the UK as by going direct we can do gift aid.
3. If you know of anyone who has one of these cars for sale could you let me know.
4. If you have a spare one lying around that you aren't using, I'd be happy to take it off your hands and give it a good home!
5. When the vehicle is purchased I will need some help and a few willing bodies to drive it to Ibiza from the UK, so if you fancy a road trip let me know.
Hope you don't mind me sharing my needs, people have been such a help in the past. This is the price of farm living, I'm not complaining or stressed, feel very calm but I need your help.