Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beautiful


My friend Clare put me on to this guy, he is called Nick Brandt and his photography is truly stunning.

If I could live another life, it would be taking photographs of wild animals like this.

This particular composition is so strong and balanced, the contrast is fantastic evoking a real sense of heat, married with a feeling of power and grace. All of which draws the viewer into another world through an image they will very rarely get the opportunity to experience in their own world. A photographer who in one single image succeeds in communicating a wild, controlled, dry journey must be pretty good, in fact it doesn't get much better than this.

I love beautiful photography.


2 comments:

Tanya Heasley said...

I think it's something you should take further. You have a real talent for photography.

Carla said...

My dad has one of his books and you're right his photography is breathtaking! xc