Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Are You Listening

Roger Waters of Pink Floyd sang: "You are only coming through in waves, your lips move, but I can't hear what you are saying"


One of the biggest things we do is listen, people don't always feel heard. We try really hard to listen, theres a lot of background noise and a lot going on and sometimes it can take all your concentration to stay focussed, mix that with drunken accents and it is a real challenge.


James the brother of Jesus said: "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak....."


We don't live in a culture that is quick to listen.


David said in Psalm 40: "I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry"


I am glad that God hears us.

I once heard someone say that "the number one leadership skill is listening" I agree.

No comments: