Friday, June 10, 2011

I've so got my faith back now!


A friend in the West end poured his heart out to two of our summer long team last week, telling them all about his friend being arrested and put in prison. 

He had spent 3 days doing everything he could to get him released, using every contact he had back home to help. He was quite emotional as with our guys the responsibility, helplessness and frustration he felt. 

So they all stood in the middle of the street outside a strip club and prayed that his friend would find favour with the law and be released rather than sent to Barcelona prison which was the potential outcome. 

The next day one of our team went to see how he was. She was given a huge hug of relief and news that his friend had been released and was now flying back to UK!  

They celebrated the news together and as she was leaving the guy whispered ‘I’ve so got my faith back now.’ 

Jesus said: “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free..."
   

No comments: