Tuesday, June 05, 2012

22 Hours



It's been a while since I have done one of these really tired posts. Tracy is away in England at the moment with Ellis preparing our house for when we move back in 6 weeks! So I got up at 7am to do the school run with Dan, then tried to get some rest but had to walk the dog, do the dishes and all the other normal household stuff you have to get on with, we then had a team orientation, I spent the afternoon in the centre, had a lovely meeting with charlie and Abby over tea then spent the night on the street, it is now 5am. Birds are singing and if I stayed up I could catch Venus passing in front of the sun in 2 hours time. I think I will give it a miss.

The streets were phenomenal tonight, prays prayed, bibles handed out, drunks taken home all very good. I love my life here and don't mind the occasional 22 hour day, just not sure I can handle it for much longer. Anyway 6 weeks to go, I'll just suck it up.

I love Hebrews it says this in Chapter 12Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.


I consider Him, He is my life blood, my inspiration, my hope.. 22hours is nothing in light of His sacrifice.


Peace to you and good night!

No comments: