Thursday, August 23, 2012

Overwhelmed



If I used the word overwhelmed you may think I was being overly dramatic, but it pretty well sums up the last 4 weeks. Although I think Tozers words have helped me keep it in perspective.

We have been overwhelmed by God's goodness and kindness to us as a family. We have been overwhelmed by our welcome home and all the kind things many people said to us as we left.

Then we get overwhelmed from the normal to the ridiculous. I never thought I would find, large supermarkets overwhelming, or buying a rug overwhelming, but it has happened.

Church is a little overwhelming, lots of kind people asking you how you are doing, which is okay but after 2 weeks you realise the holidays over and this is life. You don't really want to go deep with everyone, so you end up skating on the ice of conversation, hoping it doesn't crack and you drop into what could look like an overwhelming splash of emotion!!

We miss Ibiza, it leaves an ache in my heart, but we are also excited to be here and know that being here is right, so you feel kind of conflicted.

Hope that gives a little idea of how we are doing.

On another note my eldest son has done brilliantly with his GCSE's 9 A stars!!! and and A for his AS Spanish. Once again totally blessed by that.

On a practical level everything is going well and Gods provision is overwhelming. The last big resettlement challenge is getting a new car, I sold the land rover in Ibiza but didn't quite make enough on it to totally replace it, with a sensible car that will help me as I bomb about the UK in my new role as director of 24-7 prayer. So if anyone sees a great looking Volkswagen Passat Diesel out there let me know!!

The words of Paul spring to mind: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

God is future focussed and positive, and I will never forget about Ibiza, but I want to remain in this place of contentedness that is about forward momentum and pressing on.

Hope this all hasn't sounded bleak, we are happy and know this is where we are meant to be, just dealing with change.

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: