Sunday, September 23, 2012

24-7 prayer UK



Well I have been in my new job now for 24-7 Prayer about 3 weeks and I am enjoying it.

Still adjusting to UK life, still looking for a car, still trying to find a way of feeling at home in Diss. But all of this leads to the thought "Be still,  Be still and know that I am God." I am often not very still and I sometimes try to be God.....

As this job takes begins to take shape my fears are that I don't end up spending all my time with christians and also that I don't end up feeling like a I work for a PR company whose sole client is prayer!

It has to be about prayer and mission. You can't divorce the two, the minute you do you end up in all sorts of muddles! Right now I am trying to see the woods through the trees, trying to get a sense of what we need to do in the UK to effectively catalyse prayer and mission. Although right now I am just watching, tuning into God, trying to get his heart for this nation! I hope that doesn't sound to grand.


A puritan non conformist scholar and pastor called Joseph Alleine, who was imprisoned on a number of occasions in the 1600’s for his faith said this:

“though I am apt to be unsettled and quickly set of the hinges, yet, methinks, I am like a bird out of the nest., I am never quiet till I am in my old way of communion with God; like the needle in the compass, that is restless till it be turned towards the pole. I can say, through grace, with the church, ‘with my soul have I desired thee in the night, and with my spirit within me have I sought thee early’ My heart is early and late with God; ‘tis the business and delight of my life to seek Him.”

So right now I am making it the business and delight of my life to seek Him. Hoping that God will lead us forward, give us a clear sense of who we are meant to be.

No comments: