Thursday, August 23, 2007
I love having teams out here, they really add an extra dimension to what we do, watching them at work and seeing them grow through the experiences they have is such a blessing.
My mind is already starting to turn to next year: where do we go from here?
Oliver Wendall Holmes said “The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.”
I have a number of things that are starting to form.
1. We need more people to join us permanently, people who can come specifically to give their time to the work, ideally that would mean people who had managed to raise some support to help them live, I am thinking 2 or 3 single people and another couple. It would be good if they had language skills or some were Spanish nationals, although a willingness to learn the language would be good enough. People who could give 3 years (you've got set the bar high)
2. Next summer a team of maybe 4 - 6 people who could come from May to September, just to help out and serve, this could enable us to get out on the streets 7 nights a week instead of 4.
3. Larger premises, with a separate prayer room, 4 computers instead of 2, space for a pool table and table tennis table, xbox 360 with plasma screen, chill out space to sit and chat, a place to have some decks.
4. Larger welcome packs, containing more info and advice, and more cool christian goodies.
5. I would also like a 24-7ibiza gospel of Mark.
6. A 24-7ibiza chilled CD.
I also have the feeling that larger premises could lead to us really developing our weekly gathering, it would give us a place to run summer alpha courses, DJ classes and stuff like that.
We've got to keep building, keep going, keep developing, this is what God wants us to do.
“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” Mark V Hansen
at 4:08 PM