Monday, August 27, 2007

Sweat


Yesterday was so hot that I spent all day sweating, my hands looked like they had been in water for ages, by the end of the day they were prune like.

I have been thinking a lot about discipline recently, and how for some reason I am not that disciplined, I have my routines that help me spiritually but struggle with physical discipline, by that I mean my fitness routine which is non existent. My weight has dropped recently, but only because it's to hot to eat. I would like to lose another stone, I don't know what that is in kilos?

Do you ever have fat days? I swear that some days I wake up, look in the mirror and I am fatter than I was when I went to bed! Then other days I get up and I feel thin, am I going mad?

I also have some clothes that make me look slimmer, black works well for me, but I still have a man booby problem, you know if I push my chest together I actually have a cleavage, thats so wrong.....

Stripes that go across accentuate my roundness but downward stripes make me slimmer.

If you did one of those colour me perfect things on me, I would be a winter, strong colours work well on me. I love red and green, but not together.

I was wondering if body image, which was predominantly a female issue, is becoming more of an issue for men? Maybe this is because I live in holiday zone and loads of guys look buff, I can understand that this could soon get to you and make you paranoid.

Maybe this is also why there is an increase in the sale of body building steroids and more guys going to the gym. We are increasingly bombarded by images of men with the perfect body which can put us under pressure. I know ladies have had to face this problem for ages but I see it growing in the world of men and maybe even feel a bit of pressure from it myself.

All said and done I do want to be healthy but I don't want to obsessed. If I want a better body I am going to have to sweat.......

2 comments:

dave wiggins said...

half way through that post i thought you may be a little on he pink side of life but i do think guys are under almost the same pressure as women. having said that, we may as well grow old gracefully, men get fat bellies, womens boobies sag, we'll all die and we'll get new bodies or something?

Mark Robins said...

Yeah, I just hope that the new one'll be easier to keep in shape than this one...