Monday, May 26, 2008

A dialogue

“What are you doing?”

“I’m worshipping”

“Worshipping what?”

“I’m not sure, I think it could be God”

“God! It doesn’t look like God”

“Yeah I know, but what does God look like?”

“Well he definitely doesn’t look like that..”

“How can you be so sure? How do you know he is a he wouldn’t the fact that you refer to him as he box ‘him’ in a little?”

“Now your just playing with semantics, I’m pretty sure that that is not God”

“So you know what God looks like, you know what I should be worshipping?”

“Well I wouldn’t go that far, you’re worshipping something, it’s just not my idea of God”

“Whose idea of God should we worship?”

“Don’t you remember what they told us about God, have you forgot the stuff they taught us in school or the words they made us read in the bible? Surely they never said this was God?”

“Who are ‘they’?”

“Stop being semantic”

“I’m not! ‘they’ have told me many things and I’m not sure I believe ‘they’ anymore.”

“Okay, but I’m not convinced this is God”

“I’m not trying to convince you, I’m just worshipping”

No comments: