Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fishing


I dropped the boys at school this morning and had a couple of hours to kill, so I walked down to the rocks at the end of our road with my fishing rod and had a little fishing expedition.

I spent two hours away from the phone, noise, people, work and my laptop. It was good.

Just staring out at the sea watching my float bob up and down was kind of restorative. I had no profound thoughts or anything like that just caught a bit of the sun and had a blank moment. I didn't catch any fish but that was okay. There where a lot of little fish and one big trying to catch them, so I opted to try and catch the big fish but it just wasn't happening today. I guess if fishing was easy they would call it "catching" not "fishing".

I'm not very good at just stopping like that, even if my body is inactive my mind tends to be all over the show. I guess restless would be a good word for how I feel most of the time. This sometimes makes me a bad listener.

I don't mind being restless.

by the way, If I had caught a fish I would have killed it, taken it home and had it for lunch.

1 comment:

EF said...

what else would you have done with it? bring some good fish with you next week and i'll swap you for some potatoes and guinness. :)