Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Parenting


Little update on the car, it's on it's way just got to get it from Edinburgh to Essex then Essex to Barcelona. I have to wonderful people from N.Ireland Owen and Jud Sweeny are going to drive it from Essex. Jud will be with us for 6 weeks so that is excellent.

Still trying to raise another £500 but think I'm going to stop begging on my blog and start praying a bit more!!!!!

It's 5am I like this little moment before I go to bed, Blogging just gives me a chance to clear my head and off load a little bit. Sorry about the school rant, I'm not sure what I think about it all. Although I definitely fall on the side that a teachers job is impossible if not backed up by parents.

Parenting, how does that work?

The books don't make sense there isn't a one size fits all manual for the complex little humans we call children. A guy called John Wilmot said "Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children, and no theories." For me as I have said before it's about making sure they know they can talk to you, that you'll always listen and them knowing that you love them un- conditionally. They also need your time, Jesse Jackson said "Your children need your presence more than your presents."

I like being a parent, it's mainly a joy and occasionally a test. Funny but my boys are shy, and people would think that I am not shy. I'll say what has to said and speak in front of people but actually I am quite shy. If I ever go to a party with you please don't leave me on my own.

I like meeting new people, just have to push myself to do it.

Anyway heres to parents everywhere, your job is hard but in the end it must be rewarding.

1 comment:

Mark G said...

And here's to you balancing all you do with being a parent! You're an inspiration.

Apologies if i went on a bit with questions the other day.

God be with you all - family and community.