Monday, September 14, 2009

Ride the storm



My friend Stephen took this last night, we have been battered by thunder storms all night and now it's morning it's still going. Pretty spectacular stuff up here on the mountain, we have a week of wet weather predicted. It's beautiful, but I guess if you are on the team for two weeks it could be a little frustrating. The rain is reminding us of our holiday in Ireland this year.



When I was really young, I attended Castlereagh Baptist Church, in Belfast one of the first Sunday School songs I ever learnt was:

"With Christ in the vessel we can smile at the storm, smile at the storm, smile at the storm,
With Christ in the vessel we can smile at the storm as we go sailing home"


It was always one of my favourites

1 comment:

Kt said...

I only learnt this song last week, when the children sang it in assembly at the primary school at which I am doing a placement. It is a good song :)