Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Life Transformation Group part 1


There are 9 question sections to a life transformation group, bascially this should take you about an hour to an hour and a half every week. You should get with 2 other people and it can be done anywhere and the group does not need a leader or monitoring from some outside source. You just need a very basic commitment to honesty and living in the light. The idea isn't that you listen then provide answers and solutions but that you listen and allow each other to find their way.

This is about living a life worthy of your calling, basically "If I believe what the bible says I need to get busy in making it a reality in my life".

The first part of any life Transformation group is this.

"Love God"

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. We love because he first loved us. (1 Jn. 4:10; 16;19) Come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. Your face, Lord, I will seek. (Is 55:3; Ps 27:8)

If we truly our His disciples we should be constantly growing in our understanding of His love for us and maturing in our love for Him.

So to ensure that we do this and are progressing in this the first set of questions we ask are these:

1.Am I receiving God’s love for me and growing stronger in my relationship and obedience to Him? Am I daily seeking and listening to Jesus, intentionally spending time with Him, and involving Him in every aspect of my life?

It's a big question, and you will find there are different ways on different days in which you receive His love. Once you get the question into your bones you will start to think about how you receive God's love, you will be challenged to get alone with God on a regular basis, to pray and ask God to be in every part of your day.

At first it can all feel a little contrived and wooden but my encouragement to you would be to keep going with it.

If you need any clarity feel free to ask.

No comments: