Thursday, December 02, 2010

Life Transformation Group part 2


As a disciple of Jesus I must love my neighbour, loving one another has to be at the core of who I am

Jesus said:

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:12-13)

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. (Matt. 6:14)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building other up according to their needs. (Eph 4:29)

So here's the question we ask with regards to loving one another:

Have I loved, served and preferred others above myself, specifically those closest to me? How can I grow in this? Have I withheld forgiveness, remained frustrated or damaged another person with my words?

It's a challenge but once again something we need to get into our bones. Remaining frustrated, with holding forgiveness or damaging others with our words can happen so easily. We need to stay on top of our game with this one.

Loving, serving and preferring challenges self!!

I to be better at loving others.

No comments: