Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Read the signs

I am hoping you like my flamingo pictures? On Sunday we went to the ibiza salt flats with some friends. We went through a little gate which leads to the walkway but I didn't notice that on the other side of the gate there was a sign saying that you where not allowed to travel along this path, because of nesting birds. Also the fact that there was a guy riding his bike along the salt flats also led me to believe that a nice morning walk would be fine! It was great I got loads of lovely flamingo shots, and had a generally nice time walking with friends.

Upon our return to the gate there was park warder standing there looking slightly annoyed, he pointed to the sign explained that what we had been doing was forbidden and fined us!!!

A slightly frustrating end to a great morning.

I guess you know where I am going with this? Do we read the signs? Ok I am not meaning the signs of the end of days because frankly I find that a hard one to call! When world war 1 started I guess people thought the end was nigh, the same for world war 2, the same for the gulf war etc...

The signs I am thinking about are the ones that affect you. Can you see when you are too tired? When you need to take a break? When you are being more irritable than usual? When your thought life goes a bit warped?

Do you know when to stop, when to go, when to turn right, when to go straight ahead, when to enter and when to stay outside?

Two factors: Listen to yourself and Listen to God.

1 comment:

karen said...

i really love these flamingo photos... beautiful. stunning.