Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Book Munch

I see a few people out there have been trying to read a book a week or something like that so thought I would pop up what I have read this year so far.

Mad Bad and Dangerous to Know Ranulph Fiennes

Enjoyable read, although determined explorers can be a little self absorbed, enjoyed reading about persistence and dogged determination.

Tribes Seth Godin

Interesting book, very well written, found it helpful when thinking about 24-7prayer and other movements.

The Making of Pink Floyd the Wall Gerald Scarfe

One of my favourite albums of all time, great book fantastic art work and great behind the scenes insights.

The Arabs a History Eugene Rogan

Bought this on the way back from Dubai, very comprehensive although I felt it didn't deal so well with earlier history.

Mark The Daily Study Bible  William Barclay


I am trying to read mark every few weeks this year and found Barclays knowledge and thoughts on this wonderful book extremely helpful.

The Knowledge of The Holy AW Tozer

Excellent for giving you a sense of Gods greatness and His majesty, timeless truths excellently explained.

Voices of Dunkirk Joshua Levine

First hand accounts of the retreat and evacuation from Dunkirk, I love history especially first person details. Engrossing and thorough.

Soul Salsa Leornard Sweet

Didn't like this book, Sweet trying to hard to be post modern.

Six Wives The Queens of Henry VIII David Starkey

At over 750 pages my most challenging read to date, it's good to understand where we came from and the various influences on our nation. I love history.

Prayer the Real Battle Brother Andrew

Wonderful short book, I think this should be pushed out to prayer networks around the world, I am getting copies for our entire team. You could read it in two hours.

Pray in the Spirit A.Wallis

Just a personal read as I want to be more sensitive to the spirits leading in prayer, thought I would give this a whirl as Mr Wallis book on fasting "A chosen fast" is the best I have read on the subject.

Celtic Saints, Passionate Wanderers Elizabeth Rees

You've got to love the celts.

Life and Laughing Michael McIntyre

Funny book, hardly a biography but a nice little chuckle of a read.

Community 101 Gilbert Bilezikian

Love this book was prompted to re-read it because of his excellent chapters on oneness and the role of women in leadership.


Current books

I'll let you know how I get on with these next two.

Approaching God Lisa Repko Borden
Love Wins  Rob Bell

No comments: