Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Seized by the power of a great affection





In the last chapter of the  Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning he talks of a phrase used to describe being “born again” it was this “I was seized by the power of a great affection”. 

That is why I am who I am, that i why people decide to be christians. They have been seized by the power of a great affection, they feel His passion, the passion that the son sacrificing God has for them. His passion that our lives should not be mediocre, His passion to see us become all that we can be, His passion that allows us to be our raw unadulterated redeemed selves. His passion should grip us it should drive us. 


Personally it is His passion that is my crutch when I am weak, His passion that allows me to speak to Him and tell Him all that I am. His passion that sees all my weaknesses yet somehow still considers me worthy of his love.
An Old Russian proverb “Those who have the disease called Jesus will never be cured” Please no one try and cure me I am happy being infected by Christ. 

Lets never be to cool to be passionate about His passion for us and His love for the world.

I am seized by the power of a great affection.


Forsaking what is behind lets us press on to take hold of that for which Christ took hold of us, don’t settle for less.

Be seized by the power of a great affection.


Originally posted in a slightly longer and more self referenced style on this blog in November 2006

No comments: