Tuesday, February 07, 2012

A little Perspective





Isaiah 40: 30 - 31



"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Why would be able to soar on wings like eagles? Whats that about? 

It's about perspective, seeing things differently. An eagle sees the world differently than I do, it soars it gains a heavenly perspective.

I can sometimes be guilty of a little loss of perspective, if we are honest we all can. I love the stories of the prophet Elijah in the book of Kings, he was often guilty of losing perspective. There is moment in 1 kings 19 were he says "I am the only one left" and then God tells him there actually 7000 left! thats a big difference, he had lost perspective!

Loss of perspective sounds like this "I am the only one left" "This always happens to me" " this is only happening to me" "Why does this not happen to someone else?" "I am on my own in this!"

All those kind of phrases can indicate a loss of perspective.

God comes to restore perspective, to give us a heavenly outlook.

No comments: