Thursday, May 24, 2012

We were not meant to be comfortable



It's funny isn't it how we get so stressed. I was driving along in the car the other day thinking about all that is going on in our lives right now, having a little moment. A moment of frustration and worry which in the end boils down to a little discomfort! Then a thought struck, "this is how it was meant to be!" 

We were not meant to be comfortable, who really wants comfort. I read about it, hear about it, how God wants it all to be okay, how he wants to me to have the pie, have the car, enjoy the prosperity, enjoy the good health, all the riches he has in store for me, the kingdom of comfort is preached all over the show. Maybe I have bought into that. This is a kingdom that is advancing moving forward, growing, changing, growth and change aren't always comfortable. Moving forward means leaving stuff behind, thats natural, growth means stretching, change, well change, means what it says on the label.

You can hide from it but it's all around us, our children force change on us, the years force change on us, our health changes us, what we eat, where we go, who we know they all change. Thats beautiful, thats life, I am not going to fight it. I'm going to embrace transience the fact that change is all around, sometimes minor sometimes minor but it is definitely unavoidable.

Here's a beautiful thought, once we stop fighting it, stop trying to manage it, give in to the the wind of the spirit allow him to blow us, embrace change, go with it move with the kingdom; forwards, we find comfort and riches that we never imagined.

My life has been enriched beyond belief since I opted for discomfort, I have found comfort like never before as I have embraced change and movement. Weird how I have moments where I lose sight of that.

We were not meant to be comfortable.

No comments: